Dual Fuel Member Checklist
Dear Lake Country Power Dual Fuel members:
Is your Dual Fuel heating program working properly? We’re asking because when demand for electricity is high during the winter months, your Dual Fuel electric heating source can be shut off for up to 12 hours at a time. During this winter’s heating season, the electric heat portion of your Dual Fuel system is expected to be controlled (shut off) a minimum of 100 – 150 hours, and it could be controlled up to a maximum of 400 hours during the season.
We’re reminding you to take time this fall to check the electric and non-electric (dual) parts of your heating equipment. Here are five practical tips:
- Operate the electric heating equipment to be sure the system responds to a “call for heat” from the thermostat.
- Operate the oil or propane system also to be sure the system responds to a “call for heat” from the thermostat.
- Have your gas or oil furnace/boiler checked periodically by a professional HVAC contractor. For cold weather, there is nothing better than having peace of mind knowing your Dual Fuel heating system will work as it should. For a list of contractors, visit lakecountrypower.coop> EnergyWise Programs > Residential Service > Contractor Resources.
- If you wish to monitor the anticipated control periods of Dual Fuel through the heating season, visit lakecountrypower.coop, and then click on “Today’s Load Control Times” under the EnergyWise Programs section of LCP’s website.
- If you’d like to be notified in advance of a Dual Fuel control event (text message and/or e-mail), sign up for load control notifications in SmartHub. Don’t have SmartHub yet? Visit lakecountrypower.coop to get started.
To aid in testing your Dual Fuel system, we’ve scheduled two test-shed dates. The tests will be performed on October 18 and October 20 between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Dual Fuel is a great value for co-op members, and it saves a typical home hundreds of dollars each year. The 6.15 cents Dual Fuel rate is equivalent to $1.49 per gallon of propane at 90 percent efficiency.
Please excuse us if you receive this letter but only have air conditioning or an air source heat pump on the Dual Fuel rate – this letter does not apply in that case, and you may discard.
If you have questions about your dual fuel heating system or would like to place your electric water heater on our 8-hour interruptible program, please call 800-421-9959, and press 6 for a member service representative.
Lake Country Power/Member Service Department