LCP dedicates new service center
October 9, 2019
Grand Rapids, MN – Lake Country Power held a ribbon cutting ceremony at its Cohasset Service Center with guided tours on Tuesday, October 8. The event, open to co-op members and the public, took place at 26039 Bear Ridge Drive in Cohasset Industrial Park II, just off Highway 2.
Officials from Lake Country Power, HAWK Construction, Architectural Resources, Inc., and the City of Cohasset, were on hand with brief comments to mark the occasion.
“A cooperative is made up of a community of members, said Greg Randa, LCP general manager. “This project was made possible by working together with Cohasset community leaders, our board of directors, our local workforce and local contractors who all worked together with us to make it happen.”
Randa added that the Cohasset Service Center is a long-lasting investment in the community and will help meet the co-op’s mission to provide members with safe and reliable service. LCP manages member resources for the long-term, so the Cohasset building was designed to meet present and future needs.
Event Details – LCP’s Cohasset Service Center Open House
- Date: Tuesday, October 8
- Time: 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Program and ribbon cutting at 1:30 p.m.; Guided tours 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Refreshments 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: 26039 Bear Ridge Drive in Cohasset Industrial Park II
The Cohasset Service Center is replacing a time-worn and overcrowded building in Grand Rapids that needs repairs. The new location will provide Lake Country Power, members and guests with safer access to U.S. Highway 2. Designed to meet the co-op’s future needs, the building will place more trucks and equipment under cover to protect important material and equipment investments from the weather.
The new service center will improve working space to alleviate employee crowding. Warehouse inventory will be better organized into one primary location within the garage. The new building will provide improved security and safety.
- Equipment, material and vehicles stored under cover
- Improved space to alleviate crowding in work spaces
- Warehouse inventory is organized into one primary location under cover in the garage
- Improved security, safety and efficiency throughout the building and property
- Safer access to Highway 2 for members, employees and guests
- Updated mechanicals for heating, air conditioning, ventilation and electrical
- Multi-purpose room allows adequate space for all-employee meetings
- A long-term investment for members and employees
The Cohasset Service Center will open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., starting October 14. During the tours, members learned about a payment kiosk that’s available inside the first set of lobby doors. The kiosk is available from 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. for members to make payments. Members may also make payments at the front counter in the lobby if they prefer.
The tour included stops to see the truck bay/garage, mechanics bay, warehouse and receiving, multi-purpose meeting room, dispatch/area supervisor/line crew room, engineering area, lobby/reception area, billing/call center, communications and member service, information technologies, human resources/safety, board room and administrative offices.
Lake Country Power, www.lakecountrypower.coop, is a Touchstone Energy® cooperative serving parts of eight counties in northeastern Minnesota. The rural electric cooperative provides services to nearly 43,000 members and has offices located in Grand Rapids, Kettle River and Mountain Iron.