Lake Country Power offers scholarship opportunities to qualified students pursuing higher education. The co-op's scholarship program includes the following scholarship categories for students whose parents or guardians are Lake Country Power members:
- High School Scholarship Program: renewable up to a total of $4,000 ($500 per eight semesters)
- Community and Technical College Scholarships: $1,000
1. High School Scholarship Program
The Lake Country Power Les Beach Memorial Scholarship for graduating high school seniors is renewable up to a total of $4,000 ($1,000 per year for eight semesters) for qualifying students.
- For students:
Beginning January 1, 2019, qualifying students will be able to apply for scholarships online at www.lakecountrypower.coop. Applicant must submit an online application. The written essay and student portion of the application is due no later than 11:59 p.m., January 31, 2019, and will be sent to the LCP Electric Trust Board for review and consideration. Two letters of recommendation (teachers or a counselor) must be submitted electronically by the teacher or counselor by February 15, 2019. Transcripts are due by February 15, 2019. Open this PDF for the "Student Checklist" to review and double-check the information you will need in order to complete your application.
- For scholarship program administrators and foundations:
Given the additional responsibilities and commitments associated with a renewable scholarship program, Lake Country Power's Operation Round Up® Trust Board now oversees the review of scholarship applications and selects scholarship recipients annually for the 34 area high schools within Lake Country Power's service area.
**Applications being accepted January 1-31, 2019.
Lake Country Power will notify schools of Les Beach Memorial Scholarship Award winners.
Contact Matt Beal at 1-800-421-9959, etc. 2247, or by email.
2. Community and Technical College Scholarships
Lake Country Power Scholarship applications for area community college scholarships are available from community college foundation personnel. Deadlines vary per school.
Students should talk directly with their scholarship foundation or selection committees to receive an application. Completed applications should be returned to the school for review and consideration. Do not mail applications to Lake Country Power or you may not meet the school's deadline.
Scholarships are awarded to one student at each of the following community colleges within LCP's service territory:
- Itasca Community College, Grand Rapids, MN
- Mesabi Range Community and Technical College, Virginia, MN
- Hibbing Community College, Hibbing, MN
- Fond Du Lac Tribal and Community College, Cloquet, MN
- Vermilion Community College, Ely, MN
We also offer lineworker scholarships at the following Minnesota Technical Colleges. Scholarship application forms and guidelines are available at each school.
These schools offer specialized Electrical Lineworker A.A.S. degrees.
- Dakota County Area Technical Institute, Rosemount, MN
- Minnesota West Community & Technical College, Jackson, MN
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena, MN